Attention Messiah Alumni!
The Department often receives information about job openings and this one would be perfect for a Politics alum with a graduate degree:
Immediate opening for a full-time Research Associate position at Public Religion Research Institute
About Public Religion Research Institute:
Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) is a fast-paced and growing organization dedicated to research at the intersection of religion, values, and public life. PRRI conducts a monthly “Religion News Poll” in partnership with Religion News Service, along with major national surveys on a variety of important issues. Our work is consistently featured in top news outlets such as CNN, NPR, The Washington Post, and The New York Times. We are a non-profit, nonpartisan research organization.
The Research Associate will be responsible for assisting the Research Director in all tasks related to conducting public opinion surveys. The Research Associate will also manage PRRI’s monthly Religion News Survey.
Assist with background research and questionnaire development
- Produce toplines and banners for PRRI surveys
- Manage PRRI’s monthly Religion News Survey
- Conduct statistical analyses using PRRI data and other social science datasets
- Conduct custom analyses in response to media requests
- Assist with writing research reports, scholarly articles, books, and other research duties as assigned
- Three to five years experience in public opinion survey design and analysis preferred
- M.A. or PhD in political science, sociology, statistics or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced statistical techniques.
- Familiarity with ANES and GSS datasets a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, detail oriented
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, please submit your cover letter, your resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Research Associate” in the subject line of your email. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. We will be accepting applications until March 15, 2012 or until the position is filled. No phone calls please.